DATES & TIMES
September 16 – 19, 2023.
The Meeting will commence at 09.00 (CET) Saturday September 16 and will conclude on Tuesday September 19 at 12.30 (CET).
Invitations to participate are personable and non-transferable.
Auditorium della Tecnica, Via dell’Astronomia, 30 – 00144 Rome, Italy
Phone +39 06 5903379
September 16, the FIMMG Session will be held in Italian – Translation services will not be available.
September 17/18/19, the Meeting will be held in English – Translation services will not be available.
September is one of the most beautiful months to visit Rome. Whilst approaching the end of summer, the weather in September is still warm and sunny. Temperatures range from a warm 25° degrees during the day and drop to a cool 15° degrees in the evening. A light weight jacket/cardigan/scarf is recommended for the evenings.
If required, luggage can be left in the cloakroom at the venue.
REGISTRATION & NAME BADGES AVAILABLE AT THE ORGANISING SECRETARIAT DESK
On-site registration and issuance of badges is available daily from:
• Saturday September 16: 08.00 – 14.00
• Sunday September 17: 08.00 – 19.00
• Monday September 18: 08.00 – 19.00
• Tuesday September 19: 08.00 – 13.00
Registration payment can be made by credit card or cash directly at the Organising Secretariat desk.
For security purposes participants will be requested to present an identification document.
Participants and exhibitors will be required to wear name badges for access to the venue and all the meeting rooms.
REGISTRATION FEES (22% VAT included)
|Presenting Authors (abstract fee included)||€ 120,00|
|IPA Members||€ 200,00|
|Members Mediterranean Task Force for Cancer Control||€ 150,00|
|Under 35*||€ 150,00|
|Pediatric Day**||€ 200,00|
|Under 35 Pediatric Day||€ 100,00|
|Daily Registration||€ 200,00|
* The applicant’s registration form must be accompanied by a copy of an official document.
** If you are not registered to the Meeting.
To register, click on the link below:
September 16 (FIMMG Session)
Participants* by invitation only*
* Invitees to the FIMMG session are entitled to attend the meeting to be held September 17/18/19.
Registration fees include:
• Admission to scientific sessions, technical exhibition
• Final programme
• Access to B2B platform/meetings
• Coffee corner and lunches
• Opening ceremony and welcome cocktail on September 17
• Certificate of attendance
• Italian CME certificate (to whom entitled)
Cancellations must be sent via email to the Organising Secretariat.
In the case of cancellation by July 31, 2023, a 50 % refund of the total registration amount will be refunded (bank commissions/expenses are excluded).
Please note that refunds will not be possible after this date. Refunds will be issued within 30 days of the Meeting conclusion.
BANKING AND CURRENCY EXCHANGE
The Italian monetary system is the Euro (€). Foreign currency can be exchanged at banks, currency exchange offices, hotels and the airport upon presentation of an identification document. All major credit cards are accepted in most hotels, restaurants and shops.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
The Organising Secretariat cannot accept liability for personal injuries or for loss of, or damage to property belonging to Meeting participants (or accompanying persons) either during or as a result of the Meeting. Please check the terms and conditions of your health insurance.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
Certificates of attendance will be provided to all registered participants by the Organising Secretariat desk at the conclusion of the Conference.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
Sunday September 17 – A buffet lunch will be served at the Meeting venue.
Sunday September 17 – Welcome Cocktail will be served at the Meeting venue.
Monday September 18 – A buffet lunch will be served at the Meeting venue.
Coffee is available from the coffee corner areas.
TRANSPORTATION AIRPORT INFORMATION
Rome is served by two international airports:
- Rome Leonardo da Vinci International Airport, located in Fiumicino, 34 km from Rome’s city center.
- Rome-Ciampino International Airport located 15 km from Rome’s city center.
ACCESS TO CONFERENCE VENUE FROM ROME LEONARDO DA VINCI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Taxi: The Meeting venue is located 23 km from the airport. Allow 30 mins by taxi, depending on traffic. The taxi fare costs € 50.00 (fixed fare).
- Public transport: Participants may take the Leonardo Express, a non-stop service which operates to/from Rome Termini railway station departing every 15 minutes. The train trip takes 32 minutes. The ticket costs € 14.00. https://www.trenitalia.com/en.html. From Roma Termini, participants can take Metro B to the Eur-Magliana stop. The trip takes about 17 minutes and costs 1.50 euros. Tickets can be purchased at the station. The Congress Center is a 3 minutes’ walk from the metro station.
ACCESS TO CONFERENCE VENUE FROM ROME-CIAMPINO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Taxi: The Meeting venue is located 18 km from the airport. Allow 30 minutes by taxi, depending on traffic. The taxi fare costs € 30.00 (fixed fare).
- Public transport: Service Provider Terravision Bus Company.
https://www.terravision.eu/airport_services.html?noredirect=en_US. Participants make take the bus to Rome Termini railway station. Allow approximately 40 minutes. The ticket costs € 6.00 and can be purchased either online or at the airport. From Roma Termini, participants can take Metro B to the Eur-Magliana stop. The trip takes about 17 minutes and costs 1.50 euros. Tickets can be purchased at the station. The Congress Center is a 3 minutes’ walk from the metro station.
- There is no train station at Rome-Ciampino International Airport.
We recommend using only licensed taxis located outside the airports and train stations. For taxi/shuttle services from the Meeting venue, please contact the Organising Secretariat desk.
For reputable taxi companies, the following phone numbers are provided:
+39 06 3570 Radio Taxi
+39 06 5551 Samarcanda
+39 06 4994 La Capitale
Upon calling, the operator will provide the taxi identification number and indicate the time it will take the taxi to reach the caller.
Uber remains legal to use in Rome; however, Italy only allows Uber Black (and Ubervans) as drivers must possess the car NCC license in order to operate. Due to the fact that there is no UberX or UberPOOL, Uber in Italy tends to be more expensive, on average, than taxis.
THE CITY OF ROME
Rome is the capital city of Italy and of the Lazio region. It has a population of approximately 2.8 million residents. The metropolitan area has a population of about 4 million. Rome is located in the central-western portion of the Italian peninsula, where the Aniene river joins the Tiber river.
An enclave of Rome is the State of the Vatican City, the sovereign territory of the Holy See. It is the smallest nation in the world, and the capital of the only religion to have representation in the United Nations (as a non-member observer state). Rome, referred to as Caput mundi (“capital of the world”), la Città Eterna (“the Eternal City”), Limen Apostolorum (“Threshold of the Apostles”), la Città dei Sette Colli (“the city of the seven hills”) or simply l’Urbe (“the City”), is modern and cosmopolitan. As one of the few major European cities that escaped World War II relatively unscathed, central Rome remains essentially Renaissance and Baroque in character. The historic center of Rome is listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
For additional information or queries, please address all correspondence to the Organising Secretariat:
Via Michele Mercati, 33 – 00197 Rome, Italy
Phone +39 06 80693320 – Fax +39 06 3231136
ORGANISING SECRETARIAT DESK AT THE MEETING VENUE WILL BE OPEN AS FOLLOWS:
DAY DATE FROM TO
Saturday September 16 08.00 14.00
Sunday September 17 08.00 19.00
Monday September 18 08.00 19.00
Tuesday September 19 08.00 13.00
To be defined
The virtual poster area will be open from September 17 to September 19.
Further information about posters is available on the meeting website.
All speakers and authors must deliver their presentation (CD Rom, USB) to the slide centers 2 hours in advance or the day before their speech.