DATES & TIMES
September 12 – 14, 2021
The Meeting will commence at 08.30 (CET) Sunday 12 September and will conclude on Tuesday 14 September at 13.00 (CET).
Invitations to participate are personable and non- transferable
Università Urbaniana, Via Urbano VIII, 16 – 00165 Rome, Italy
Phone +39 06 69889611- Fax +39 06 69881871
Covid-19 procedures will be communicated and constantly updated
The Meeting will be held in English. Translation services will not be available
September is one of the most beautiful months to visit Rome. Whilst approaching the end of summer, the weather in September is still warm and sunny. Temperatures range from a warm 25° degrees during the day and drop to a cool 15° degrees in the evening. A light weight jacket/cardigan/scarf is recommended for the evenings.
If required, luggage can be left in the cloakroom at the venue.
REGISTRATION & NAME BADGES AVAILABLE AT THE ORGANISING SECRETARIAT DESK
On-site registration and issuance of badges is available daily from:
Sunday 12 September: 08.00 – 19.00
Monday 13 September: 08.00 – 18.00
Tuesday 14 September: 08.00 – 14.00
Registration payment can be made by credit card or cash directly at the Organising Secretariat desk.
For security purposes participants will be requested to present an identification document.
Participants and exhibitors will be required to wear name badges for access to the venue and all the meeting rooms.
REGISTRATION FEES (22% VAT included)
|Presenting Authors (abstract fee included)
|IPA/GPA Members||€ 200,00|
|Members Mediterranean Task Force for Cancer Control||€ 150,00|
|Under 35*||€ 150,00|
|Pediatric Day**||€ 200,00|
|Under 35 Pediatric Day||€ 100,00|
* the applicant’s registration form must be accompanied by a copy of an official document.
** If you are not registered to the Meeting.
Registration fee includes:
- Admission to scientific sessions, technical exhibition
- Final programme
- Selected proceedings and abstract
- Access to B2B meeting platform
- Coffee corner and lunch
- Opening ceremony and welcome cocktail September 12
- Pasta Party September 13
- Certificate of attendance
- Italian CME certificate (to whom entitled)
Cancellations must be sent via email to the Organising Secretariat.
In the case of cancellation by July 31, 2021, a 50 % refund of the total registration amount will be refunded (bank commissions/ expenses are excluded).
Please note that refunds will not be possible after this date. Refunds will be issued within 30 days of the Meeting conclusion.
BANKING AND CURRENCY EXCHANGE
The Italian monetary system is the Euro (€). Foreign currency can be exchanged at banks, currency exchange offices, hotels and at the airport upon presentation of an identification document. All major credit cards are accepted in most hotels, restaurants and shops.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
The Organising Secretariat cannot accept liability for personal injuries or for loss of, or damage to, property belonging to Meeting participants (or accompanying persons) either during or as a result of the Conference. Please check the terms and conditions of your health insurance.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
Certificates of attendance will be provided to all registered participants by the Organising Secretariat desk at the conclusion of the Meeting.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
Sunday 12 September – A buffet lunch will be served at the Meeting venue
Sunday 12 September – Welcome Cocktail at the Meeting venue
Monday 13 September – A buffet lunch will be served at the Meeting venue
Monday 13 September – Pasta party
Coffee & snacks are available from the coffee corner areas.
Rome is served by two international airports:
Rome Leonardo da Vinci International Airport, located in Fiumicino, 34 km from Rome’s city centre.
Rome-Ciampino International Airport, located 15 km from Rome’s city centre.
ACCESS TO CONFERENCE VENUE FROM ROME LEONARDO DA VINCI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Taxi: The Meeting venue is located 30km from the airport. Allow 35 mins by taxi, depending on traffic. The taxi fare costs €48.00 (fixed fare).
- Public Transport: Participants may take the Leonardo Express, a non-stop service which operates to/from Rome Termini railway station departing every 15 minutes. The train trip takes 30 minutes. The ticket costs €14.00. https://www.trenitalia.com/en.html. From Rome Termini participants may take Bus no.64 to the Hospital S. Spirito (Lgt. Sassia) bus stop. The trip takes approximately 30 minutes and costs €1.50. Bus tickets must be purchased at the station. The Università Urbaniana is a 6-minute walk from the Hospital S. Spirito bus stop.
ACCESS TO CONFERENCE VENUE FROM ROME-CIAMPINO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Taxi: The Meeting venue is located 20km from the airport. Allow 40 minutes by taxi, depending on traffic. The taxi fare costs €50.00 (fixed fare).
- Public transport: Service Provider Terravision Bus Company. https://www.terravision.eu/airport_services.html?noredirect=en_US. Participants make take the bus to Rome Termini railway station. Allow approximately 40 minutes. The ticket costs €5.80 and can be purchased either online or at the airport. From Rome Termini participants may take Bus no.64 to the Hospital S. Spirito (Lgt. Sassia) bus stop. The trip takes approximately 30 minutes and costs €1.50. Bus tickets must be purchased at the station. The Università Urbaniana is a 6-minute walk from the Hospital S. Spirito bus stop.
- There is no train station at Rome- Ciampino International Airport.
We recommend using only licensed taxis located outside the airports and train stations. For taxi/shuttle services from the Meeting venue, please contact the Organising Secretariat desk.
For reputable taxi companies, the following phone numbers are provided:
+39 06 3570 Radio Taxi
+39 06 5551 Samarcanda
+39 06 4994 La Capitale
Upon calling, the operator will provide the taxi identification number and indicate the time it will take the taxi to reach the caller.
Uber remains legal to use in Rome; however, Italy only allows Uber Black (and Ubervans) as drivers must possess the car NCC license in order to operate. Due to the fact that there is no UberX or UberPOOL, Uber in Italy tends to be more expensive, on average, than taxis.
PARKING AT CONFERENCE VENUE
Parking is available at the Terminal Gianicolo, Via Urbano VIII, 16C, Rome, which is located adjacent to the Università Urbaniana.
Meeting participants will be given a discounted rate.
For more information, please see the staff at the Organising Secretariat desk.
THE CITY OF ROME
Rome is the capital city of Italy and of the Lazio region. It has a population of approximately 2.8 million residents. The metropolitan area has a population of about 4 million. Rome is located in the central-western portion of the Italian peninsula, where the Aniene river joins the Tiber river.
An enclave of Rome is the State of the Vatican City, the sovereign territory of the Holy See. It is the smallest nation in the world, and the capital of the only religion to have representation in the United Nations (as a non-member observer state).
Rome, refered to as Caput mundi (“capital of the world”), la Città Eterna (“the Eternal City”), Limen Apostolorum (“threshold of the Apostles”), la Città dei Sette Colli (“the city of the seven hills”) or simply l’Urbe (“the City”), is modern and cosmopolitan. As one of the few major European cities that escaped World War II relatively unscathed, central Rome remains essentially Renaissance and Baroque in character. The historic centre of Rome is listed by UNESCO as aWorld Heritage Site.
For additional information or queries, please address all correspondence to the Organising Secretariat: